How Long Does it Take For SEO to Work?
Here at Full Force Web Development we are often asked how long it will take before a website that has search engine optimization work done will start showing up in the search engine results, and our response is usually 3 – 6 months. Seeing improve search ranking results in the search engines depends on many factors, and each web site’s circumstances are unique. However, here are some points to consider in determining how quickly your site will start showing results in the search engines:
- How old is your website? Believe it or not, the age of your website matters to the search engines. New sites come and go all the time, and the search engines want to make sure that your site is established and stable before they rank it in their results.
- How many inbound links does your site have? Google definitely cares about not only how many inbound links your site has, but also the quality of the sites those links come from. For instance, inbound links from an authority site with a topic related to yours will benefit you way more than reciprocal links or links from a site that are unrelated (or worse – a link farm). And paid links are a big no-no altogether.
- How “fresh” is your content? A static site that never gets updated is not all that interesting to the search engines, no matter how great the content may be. The search engines want to provide their users with sites that are well-maintained and contain up-to-date information. Since there are so many sites to choose from, the search engines will choose the ones that have the latest information.
- How competitive is the keyword you are targeting? This is a tough one, because the more competitive your keyword is, the more sites will be trying to rank for that same keyword. If your keywords are highly competitive, you may want to do some research and optimize for similar but less-competitive variations, at least to start with. Then as you build additional inbound links and add fresh content to your site, you can add back the competitive keywords.
- How visible is your business online – overall? Do you have an existing social media marketing strategy in place? Does your company have a blog? Send e-newsletters? Submit online press releases? Syndicate articles? All of these things can contribute to your online visibility, and will help you naturally build inbound links as people discover your content and start linking to it. Plus, the more places your business shows up online, the more opportunities the search engines have to find you.
Improve Search Ranking
Getting good rankings in the search engines doesn’t stop after the optimization work is completed, that’s really just the beginning. You must consistently add fresh content to your site and build as many quality inbound links as possible so the search engines will notice your site. There are no specific time-frames to determine how long it will take to see results; however, the more you can do to show the search engines that your site is a valuable resource, the faster they will share that with their users.
One of the important things to remember is that SEO is always, always evolving specially if improve search ranking is what you are after. It is a thing that is never static, and the technology that is used to determine rankings in search engine results pages is dynamic and always being improved upon by its respective creators. With this in mind, it is important to stay up to date with the latest SEO strategies.
Working with the best search engine optimization company is the first step to doing this. These experts will make sure that they are able to provide you with valuable information and the most relevant techniques to help you make progress in your internet marketing efforts.
With that said, improve search ranking it is not really as simple as just hiring a search engine optimization company to do all the hard work. SEO requires a lot more than simply link building by submitting articles and other content around the web. In fact, putting inconsistently hard work in order to get results is most important. It is definitely not wise to just sit back and expect your results to start rolling in.